1. Attend the Captains cocktail party, welcome party or past passenger party as the drinks are free.
2. If you are going on a formal cruise buy a Tux or hire one
3. Keep the weight off by walking down the stairs (forget walking up as you are on holiday)
4. Drinks onboard are expensive – take a bottle of squash for the kids in your suitcase save you loads of money onboard and on shore for drinks!
5. Make sure you notify your bank/credit card company that you are going away as they will see transactions from many countries and may block your card.
6. To save money when going ashore, time your return for lunch or afternoon tea – and you may also avoid a funny tummy too!
7. Trips and tours operated by the cruise lines are expensive but you could cut the cost and go DIY?
8. Take a highlighter pen so when your daily schedule is delivered – highlight the activities that you want to do and where to eat –ensures you get your money’s worth!
9. Don’t forget to take few copies of your passport as well as copies of insurance and important contacts, in case of emergencies.
10. When you embark on the first day – put valuables in your cabin safe, go for the buffet lunch and then a walk around the ship before it gets busy – and en route check out your table where you are seated for dinner.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.