Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
We recently came across a post in a social media group asking fellow cruisers for their song recommendations. But these weren’t just any songs – they were songs that reminded responders of cruising, adventure, and fun. I’ve decided to gather some of the answers together, in hopes that you’ll find some inspiration for a playlist on your next cruise vacation!
- Toes – Zac Brown Band
- Sail Away (Orinoco Flow) – Enya
- One Particular Harbor – Jimmy Buffett
- Red, Red Wine – UB40
- Caribbean Queen – Billy Ocean
- Guitars and Tiki Bars – Kenny Chesney
- Sailing – Rod Stewart
- Miami – Will Smith
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- Kokomo – Beach Boys
- Island in the Sun – Weezer
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere – Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
- Sailing – Christopher Cross
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
- Cruisin’ – Huey Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow
- Almost Jamaica – Bellamy Brothers
- Cheers (Drink to That) – Rihanna
- Southern Cross – Crosby, Stills, & Nash
- Where the Boat Leaves From – Zac Brown Band
- Missing – William Michael Morgan
As I was compiling this list, two more came to my mind that weren’t mentioned in those comments, so I thought I’d give you bonus ones straight from my mind to yours. I feel as though ‘My Heart Will Go On’ by Celine Dion from Titanic just screams ocean vacation to me… even though that particular one ended in tragedy. It’s still a gorgeous song, though, and always runs through my head when thinking about the cool ocean breeze. The other one is ‘Castaway’ by Zac Brown Band. To me, it’s the quintessential “newer” vacation song. It makes me want to pack up and immediately find a remote island! 🙂
I hope you can put these songs to good use when heading out on your next cruising adventure – I know I will. Drop a comment and let us know if we missed any of your favorite must-have songs for the list!
Featured photo: Howard Ryder/flickr