There are a couple dozen new venues on Carnival Sunshine, some that we’ve seen on other Carnival ships, and some that are yet to be seen on any ships but Carnival Sunshine. Make no mistake, the first place I will run to is the RedFrog Pub for a cold ThirstyFrog Red, but after that, there are cool places that I can’t wait to experience first hand.
In no particular order:
1. Sea Dogs
So I know what you’re probably thinking, hotdogs on a cruise ship, big deal. This hot dog stand is set up in the SportsSquare and will be serving up dogs all day. Carnival Breeze added this feature when it was homeported in Port Miami last winter. Recently we tried sea side hotdogs aboard Norwegian Breakaway and they were delish – will Sunshine beat Breakaway?
2. BlueIguana Cantina
This Mexican food venue serves freshly made tacos and burritos. They also have homemade tortillas and salsa, and they were so delicious.
3. JiJi’s Asian Kitchen
Not your typical cruise line sushi stand. This full service Asian kitchen is located on the aft end of the ship and serves up regional cuisines from China, Mongolia, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore. You can expect to pay $12 per person for dinner (reduced rate for kids). Lunchtime offerings are complimentary noodles with your favorite meats.
4. Guy’s Burger Joint
Brought to you by chef and television personality Guy Fieri, this seaside burger joint is the lido deck craze with a unique menu that includes Guy’s famous Donkey Sauce. See the menu here. The fries are amazing and you could make a lunch at the topping bar alone!
5. Pizzeria del Capitano
This 24-hour pizzeria is an expansion of the Italian venue onboard, Cucina del Capitano. All the reviews so far say the pizza is “the king of mozzarella” (what does that even mean?). Located in the lido deck marketplace, this will certainly be a draw for pizza lovers and the late night crowd.
These are just five things we are looking forward to aboard Carnival Sunshine. There are many other new features that you’ll see in our series of videos, tweets, trip reports, and Facebook postings.
Photo credit: Andy Newman/Carnival Cruise Lines
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]