Next time you book your next pre- or post-cruise hotel, make your life easier and look for these hotel amenities.
1. Proximity to cruise port. As long as you’re close to your cruise port you’re fine. What you don’t want is to stay at a place that is going to cost you an arm and a leg to get to the pier or where you’ll be stuck in traffic getting there.
2. Free Wi-fi. I know, you’re heading on vacation so why do you need wi-fi? If you need to print out last minute documents or excursion tickets that you booked on your own.
3. Complimentary breakfast. No one wants to hustle and bustle around a city and try to score breakfast that involves a cab drive and an over priced Miami bistro. Consider getting a room with a complimentary breakfast or a breakfast package bundled in.
4. Hotel shuttle. These are not only good to go to and from the cruise port but also to local areas. Believe it or not, a lot of hotel properties have shuttle drivers that will take you wherever you want to go. Try this little trick. Instead of going to the front desk and telling them you need a shuttle, go directly to the shuttle driver and if you have to go out of the way just give him a couple of dollars and he’ll take you. It works. I’ve done it many of times.
5. Parking package. If you drive to your hotel, make sure you check to see if they offer cruise packages, if they don’t maybe they will let you keep your car there. Just ask to speak with the general manager or sales manager at the hotel.
While these amenities aren’t life-or-death, they will make your travel a lot easier and less stressful. When researching your hotel, make sure you cover all your bases and tailor your accommodations to what you want and where you’ll be. Don’t be afraid to ask for anything either. Hotel management knows what an asset and revenue generator cruise passengers are and they are likely to cater to you if you approach them in a nice way.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]