If you’re a last-minute cruiser, you’d better think twice before waiting until the last hour to book your sailing.
A recent earnings call with Royal Caribbean revealed that they’ll be eliminating last minute cruise deals. But that isn’t all bad, because booking early does has its benefits.
5 Reasons to Book Your Cruise Early
1. Cruises Do Sell Out
If you have your eye on a certain sailing, chances are it will sell out long before last minute. This is especially true for the newer and refurbished ships.
2. Cabin Choice
Not only will you get the cabin choice on the ship, but you’ll be able to get cabins close together. This is perfect for families sailing with kids and want an adjoining or across the hall cabin.
3. Take Advantage of Price Drops.
As the cruise gets closer, you may notice a price drop. If the price drops, certain fares allow you to get the money credited in form of an onboard credit.
4. Group Pricing
If you’re traveling with a large group, you can take advantage of advanced pricing that allows extra amenities like private cocktail parties, onboard credits or complimentary bottles of wine.
5. Better Airfare
If you have to fly to your cruise, the sooner you book your cruise the better you are. Try getting an airline ticket at the last minute is ridiculously expensive.
Will all the cruise lines be eliminating last minute cruise deals? Probably not, especially in the winter when there is so much inventory in the Caribbean. You can play with the pricing for an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise below.
Featured Photo credit: Flickr
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos