Flying doesn’t have to be a pain. By planning ahead just a little bit and bringing the right things with you, it can be a breeze.
Here are 5 essentials:
Gum. The pressure on your ears and even nose can get pretty intense. While yawning and drinking water can help too, gum is a pretty tried and true trick to relive some of that pressure.
Water. Water’s always important and good for you. That’s especially true while flying. The cabin pressure and recycled air can cause dehydration rather quickly. You’re also sitting for an extended period of time and your body can use the extra hydration. Most airlines will give you as much water as you want, but I also bring an empty water bottle with me and fill it up before boarding.
Something to Do. Book lover. Movie lover. Sleep lover. It doesn’t matter what you like to do. What matters is bringing something with you. And here’s a little secret – I like to write when I travel and I’m writing this on my flight right now. It’s good to have a plan for your flight – you don’t want to just sit there twiddling your thumbs. That makes your flight last even longer.
Jacket. With a few (hot) exceptions, it’s typically cooler and sometimes cold on flights. Be prepared and bring a light jacket with you. Most airlines don’t carry blankets anymore and if they do, they often charge for them.
Snacks. While some airlines still serve complimentary snacks, some don’t. By bringing a few munchies with you on your flight. You’ll make sure it’s something you like and the price is right.
I would also add a cell phone charger to your list. If you’re like me you listen to music non-stop, play games, watch movies, or reply to emails offline. All that burns the battery up so it may not be a pad move. I bought my charger at Walmart for $19 and it charges up on USB.
So those are our must haves for a fun flight – what about you? What do you always bring with you on your flights?
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]