In celebration of 10 years of award-winning river cruising, AmaWaterways rolled out the red carpet for the company’s gala held on Sunday, July 22 near its headquarters in Chatsworth, California. From caroling through Europe’s cobblestone streets to exploring Africa’s exotic Chobe River, AmaWaterways continues to lead the industry by providing an opportunity for its guests to explore over 20 countries.
Highlights from AmaWaterways first 10 years include:
- Purchase of 11 custom, state-of-the-art river cruising ships
- Industry-first themed cruises like the Jewish Heritage itineraries on the Danube River and the Wine Themed sailings on the Danube, Rhine, Seine, Douro and Rhone Rivers
- Expanding its presence outside of Europe to also include sailings in Russia, Portugal, Vietnam & Cambodia and Africa
- Opening of the ODA Free Village English School in the province of Siem Reap, Cambodia in association with the Orphans and Disabled Arts Association
- Recipient of numerous awards such as: Conde Nast Traveler’s “Top 20 River Cruise Ships,” TravelAge West’s WAVE Editor’s Pick Award for “Best Overall Cruise Line for River Cruising,” Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award for “Overall River Cruising,” and Porthole Cruise Magazine Reader’s Choice Award for “Best River Cruise Line,” among many others
- Launching industry-leading amenities like twin balconies, complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi, shore excursions with no additional cost, free-flowing beer & wine at meal times and bicycles to be used to explore each destination
- The only river cruise line that was invited to join one of the world’s most prestigious culinary organizations, La Chaine des Rotisseurs
In 2013, AmaWaterways plans to launch new ships, including the 108-passenger AmaVida and the 164-passenger AmaPrima, as well as new industry-first itineraries like the 11-day Paris & Normandy cruise.
AmaWaterways’ ships continue to lead the industry with spacious staterooms and suites, Gold-Medal dining, the latest in-room furnishings, flat-panel TVs and individually controlled air-conditioning. Passengers can stay connected aboard AmaWaterways’ ships with complimentary Internet & Infotainment System with Hollywood movies. Other amenities include massage and beauty salons, swim-up bars, sun decks, twin balconies, French balconies and on-board entertainment. For passengers wanting to explore the serene paths along the rivers, AmaWaterways offers a fleet of bicycles onboard.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.