Small ship cruise line American Cruise Lines announced today that they are offering complimentary shore excursions on Alaska sailings starting Summer 2012. The seven-night Alaska inside passage tour will sail round-trip from Juneau, sailing to Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm Fjord, and will visit Sitka, Hoonah and Petersburg.
Examples of the complimentary shore excursions include:
- Glacier Bay National Park: American Cruise Lines brings passengers deep into the heart of this pristine environment on an exclusive tour for an experience unlike any other. Passengers will come face-to-face with impressive glaciers, view snow-capped mountains towering above, and see wildlife all around the ship. A National Park Service Ranger and a Native Cultural Interpreter will join passengers aboard to provide narration and unique insight throughout the exploration, as well as help identify the area’s abundant wildlife.
- Stikine River Jet Boat Tour (Petersburg): A jet boat tour on the fastest navigable, free-flowing river in North America takes passengers through this area’s extraordinary habitat where a variety of wildlife can be spotted, including moose, deer, bald eagles, and brown and black bears.
- Tribal Dance and Cultural Legends Excursion (Hoonah): Passengers will gather at the Heritage Center Native Theater for the Tribal Dance and Cultural Legends performance, showcasing the rich heritage of a people shaped by the wild lands and inland seas of southeast Alaska.
- Mendenhall Glacier and Juneau Tour (Juneau): A guided tour through historic downtown Juneau, plus a visit to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor’s Center where passengers can discover the mystery behind the impressive half mile-wide glacier and view it from an unobstructed vantage point.
Seven-night roundtrip cruises from Juneau and 11-night one-way cruises between Juneau and Seattle are being offered aboard the 100-passenger American Spirit.
Photo credit: ACL
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]