American Cruise Lines has officially launched their newest ship – American Constellation. The new cruise vessel is being designed and built by Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Maryland, and was launched into the calm waters of the Wicomico River last week. Tugboats brought it into the shipbuilder’s East Outfitting Basin, where the upper decks will be added, and outfitting will be finished.
“The launching of American Constellation could not have gone any better. The team at Chesapeake Shipbuilding has done a fantastic job realizing our vision for this new cruise ship,” remarked Timothy Beebe, VP of American Cruise Lines. “We are thrilled that the construction of American Constellation continues to be well ahead of schedule.”
Just a few weeks ago, the two major hull sections were joined together. When the upper decks are installed, the ship will come together quickly; making American Cruise Lines’ fleet come to a total of nine ships.
American Constellation will be able to hold 170 passengers, and will begin operating in the spring. She will offer 10-night voyages on a new Grand New England itinerary roundtrip from Boston, after sailing two 7-night cruises on the Chesapeake Bay roundtrip from Baltimore.
American Cruise Lines is the largest US cruise company and operator of the newest fleet of riverboats and cruise ships in the country. They offer over 35 itineraries, ranging from 4 to 21 nights in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, New England, the southeast, and the Mississippi River.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises