American Cruise Lines, operator of the newest riverboats and small cruise ships in the United States, has announced today the guest speakers to be featured aboard its 2013 Alaska Inside Passage cruises. Renowned enlighteners, authors, historians and naturalists have been invited to join guests onboard to offer expertise and unique insight on a range of topics, passing scenery and ports of call. Next season’s featured guest speakers include:
- Todd Weber –This highly celebrated river-running historian shares with guests his appreciation for the stamina, ingenuity and character that existed in those who braved the Last Frontier. In addition to sharing the beauty and wonder of Alaska’s wildlife and scenery, Weber brings its history to life with period clothing and colorful presentations.
- Ian Sampson – A professional natural resources interpreter and historian, Sampson lends his skills to help guests gain an understanding of the history, culture, geology, geography, flora, and fauna of each area visited. Trained by world renowned professor and author, Sam Hamm, Sampson has accrued over 15 years of experience conducting interpretive programs in Alaska, the Northwest, and other regions of the world.
- Tom Stanley – A well respected biologist with over 35 years of professional experience, Stanley has traveled on small cruise ships since 1995, sharing his knowledge of natural resources and the environment.
Additionally, to complement the guest speakers, when visiting Glacier Bay, a park service ranger and native cultural interpreter will join passengers aboard to provide added narration and insight. They will help guests spot wildlife, including humpback whales and orcas, share traditional songs and stories of the local Huna Tlingit people, and educate on their history and modern way of life
Following this year’s successful inaugural season in Alaska, American Cruise Lines is again offering seven- and 11-night Alaskan itineraries aboard the 100-passenger American Spirit, including round trip cruises departing from Juneau, and one-way cruises between Juneau and Seattle. Proving popular, American Cruise Lines’ unique approach to small ship cruising in Alaska offers an intimate, pampered adventure of the Inside Passage. Aboard the newest and most elegant ship, guests enjoy top accommodations, personalized service, breathtaking views and up-close access to wildlife and glaciers.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises