Small ship company American Cruise Lines is pleased to announce its new partnership with Smithsonian magazine, as the exclusive sponsor of the publication’s annual photo contest. Over the last ten years, Smithsonian has received over 235,000 photographs from more than 90 countries around the world.
The photo contest is now open and will run until November 30, ending at 2 p.m. EST. Each day, judges will post the best of the incoming entries in the “Photo of the Day” portion of the Smithsonian website.
Photographs may be entered under the following categories—Altered Images, Americana, the Natural World, People and Travel—and will compete for cash prizes. Finalists will be announced on March 1, 2013.
American Cruise Lines’ fleet of elegant riverboats and small cruise ships take guests to the most fascinating destinations in the U.S. The new Spring Cruise Collection offers numerous photo opportunities, from breaching whales and bird migrations, to desert canyons and towering waterfalls.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review