GUILFORD, CT – American Cruise Lines, the leader in small ship cruising, announced today the offering of a Mark Twain tribute cruise aboard the brand new authentic paddlewheeler, Queen of the Mississippi. The cruise will honor the famous American author and humorist often referred to as the “Father of American Literature.” Virtually synonymous with the life along the Mississippi River, his experiences are immortalized in his famous writings including Life on the Mississippi (1883), Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885).
Available on the September 15th seven-night /eight-day St. Louis roundtrip, American Cruise Lines will celebrate Twain’s life and works. During his career, Mark Twain spent several years as a riverboat pilot on the Mississippi River. This cruise will take guests along the River in the same way that Mark Twain would have seen it, and will highlight many of the most important places and events in his life.
Planned stops include an extended visit to his childhood hometown in Hannibal, Missouri. Additional features of this tribute cruise include:
- Mark Twain Impersonator & Entertainer
- Exclusive tour of Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum
- Onboard display of a First Edition copy of Life on the Mississippi
- Guided trolley ride throughout Hannibal
- Guest Gift: Special edition copies of Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
- Honorary dinner and cocktail reception
The Queen of the Mississippi carries 150 guests in spacious staterooms, many of which are twice the size of those on any other Mississippi riverboat. Staterooms feature large private balconies with sliding glass doors and all of the amenities today’s travelers expect, while maintaining the elegance of classic late 1800s Mississippi riverboats.
Contact your travel seller for more details on this voyage.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]