Celebrity Cruises has announced another ship that will be sailing from the U.S. to the Caribbean this summer.
Celebrity Equinox has now been approved by the CDC to sail from Fort Lauderdale, and is set to begin cruises starting July 25, 2021. It will follow Celebrity Edge‘s departure from the U.S. this month, on June 26, 2021.
The recently renovated Equinox will operate seven-night western Caribbean voyages, visiting Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico as well as Nassau, Bahamas.
With this announcement, nine of Celebrity’s 14 ships have plans to resume sailing by mid-September in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, and Galapagos Islands.
This past Saturday, Celebrity Cruises became the first large cruise line to resume cruises from North America when Celebrity Millennium departed on a seven-night Caribbean cruise from the island nation of St. Maarten.
“It is so exciting to announce yet another ship on the heels of Celebrity Millennium leading the industry’s Caribbean comeback to rave reviews just this past Saturday. From the outpouring of comments and emotion from our guests and crew on that sailing, it’s clear that people are ready to cruise back to normal,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
“We’ve all been waiting for the day we could get away, again, to the places we’ve been dreaming of and that ‘someday’ is here.”
READ MORE: MSC Cruises Announces U.S. Restart Dates
Alongside Celebrity Equinox, here are the other eight ships that are a part of Celebrity's phased summer restart:
- As mentioned, Celebrity Millennium is now operating seven-night Caribbean cruises from St. Maarten. At the end of July, the vessel will reposition to Seattle to operate seven-night Alaska voyages.
- Celebrity Summit will take over on voyages from St. Maarten once Millennium leaves — through August — then sail a new series of four and five-night voyages from Fort Lauderdale to the western Caribbean through late October.
- The brand-new Celebrity Apex will operate seven-night Greek Isles itineraries starting June 19.
- As mentioned, Celebrity Edge will be in the Caribbean starting June 26, operating a rotating schedule of eastern and western itineraries from Fort Lauderdale.
- Celebrity Silhouette will begin UK coastal cruises on July 3.
- Celebrity Flora will return to the Galapagos Islands on July 3, followed by Celebrity Xpedition on July 24 and Celebrity Xploration on September 18.
Celebrity Equinox will sail with Celebrity's enhanced health and safety standards, which include reduced capacity, staggered arrivals and departures, and contactless transactions.
All passengers 16 and older must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, all passengers 12 and older must be vaccinated. For the UK cruises, all guests 18 and older must be fully vaccinated.