Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, the only line with a two-night cruise departing year-round from the Port of Palm Beach, announced today that Grand Celebration will set sail with several new enhancements on December 23. It will offer a new adults-only area, a revitalized casino, and a specialty coffee and juice bar. Holiday festivities will also happen just in time for Christmas, with an appearance by Santa and a special New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2018 in style.
Since September, the ship has been chartered by the Federal EmergencyManagement Agency to house first responders and National Guard members who were helping the US Virgin Islands rebuild following hurricane damage.
The line also announced that their new 52,900 gross ton ship will be named Grand Classica and will also sail two-night cruises to Grand Bahama Island. With this second ship, set to arrive in April, Bahamas Paradise will become the only line to offer daily departures to the Bahamas from Palm Beach.
Grand Celebration Enhancements
- Expanded Casino – Grand Celebration‘s casino has doubled in size, offering more slot machines, video poker, and table games. The ship will have a total number of 125 slots, and offer table games in two separate areas including Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker, and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker.
- Adults-Only Area – The forward sun deck at the top of the ship has become The Oasis, a complimentary area for those ages 18 and over. It includes a bar, large hot tub, sun loungers, and daybeds.
- Specialty Coffee and Juice Bar – The new Grand Café on deck 9 will feature hot and iced specialty coffees, teas, smoothies, and freshly squeezed juices. In the morning, guests can enjoy chocolate croissants, Viennese pastries, muffins, and quiche. Throughout the day there will be homemade gelato, sorbet, cakes, tastes, cupcakes, and truffles to enjoy.
In August, Bahamas Paradise announced that they’d signed a 10-year contract with the Port of Palm Beach and that they’d purchased a second ship that will also be based there. Grand Classica will carry up to 1,680 guests and offers a number of restaurants and bars, a theater, two pools, four hot tubs, a spa, outdoor jogging track, and more.
On November 25, the line inked a three-year agreement with the Bahamas to bring both ships to Grand Bahama Island, doubling the number of arrivals there beginning when Classica launches in April. Additional details on the new ship along with sail dates will be announced in early 2018.
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of September 15, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Book Travel with a Credit Card
- Online Dangers To Consider When Traveling
- Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
- Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Production Shows
- Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami
- Cruising Misty Fjords National Monument
- Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
- 8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
8 Things to Do in Kotor
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)