Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, the only line with a two-night cruise departing year-round from the Port of Palm Beach, announced today that Grand Celebration will set sail with several new enhancements on December 23. It will offer a new adults-only area, a revitalized casino, and a specialty coffee and juice bar. Holiday festivities will also happen just in time for Christmas, with an appearance by Santa and a special New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2018 in style.
Since September, the ship has been chartered by the Federal EmergencyManagement Agency to house first responders and National Guard members who were helping the US Virgin Islands rebuild following hurricane damage.
The line also announced that their new 52,900 gross ton ship will be named Grand Classica and will also sail two-night cruises to Grand Bahama Island. With this second ship, set to arrive in April, Bahamas Paradise will become the only line to offer daily departures to the Bahamas from Palm Beach.
Grand Celebration Enhancements
- Expanded Casino – Grand Celebration‘s casino has doubled in size, offering more slot machines, video poker, and table games. The ship will have a total number of 125 slots, and offer table games in two separate areas including Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker, and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker.
- Adults-Only Area – The forward sun deck at the top of the ship has become The Oasis, a complimentary area for those ages 18 and over. It includes a bar, large hot tub, sun loungers, and daybeds.
- Specialty Coffee and Juice Bar – The new Grand Café on deck 9 will feature hot and iced specialty coffees, teas, smoothies, and freshly squeezed juices. In the morning, guests can enjoy chocolate croissants, Viennese pastries, muffins, and quiche. Throughout the day there will be homemade gelato, sorbet, cakes, tastes, cupcakes, and truffles to enjoy.
In August, Bahamas Paradise announced that they’d signed a 10-year contract with the Port of Palm Beach and that they’d purchased a second ship that will also be based there. Grand Classica will carry up to 1,680 guests and offers a number of restaurants and bars, a theater, two pools, four hot tubs, a spa, outdoor jogging track, and more.
On November 25, the line inked a three-year agreement with the Bahamas to bring both ships to Grand Bahama Island, doubling the number of arrivals there beginning when Classica launches in April. Additional details on the new ship along with sail dates will be announced in early 2018.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program