Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has announced their return to service has been delayed once again.
The line now plans to resume cruises on November 4, 2020 aboard Grand Celebration. Their second ship, Grand Classica, will be idled until at least March 3, 2021, the cruise line said.
“We have been planning our anticipated return to sea for October,” CEO Oneil Khosa said. “However, as we continue to monitor the situation … and communicate with the Bahamian government on their plans to allow leisure guests to return, we have determined that a further extension is in the best interest of our guests and crew.”
The Florida-based line sails two-night cruises to Freeport, Bahamas from the Port of Palm Beach aboard former Carnival Cruise Line and Costa Cruises ships.
Bahamas Paradise suspended cruises in mid-March, 2020 as the entire cruise industry shut down.
Like other cruise lines, the company has had to constantly extend the return to service date until they receive guidance from the proper authories.
The US Centers for Disease Control’s “no sail order” for cruise ships in US waters is currently set to expire September 30, 2020, but most major cruise lines have cancelled sailings through at least mid-December, with at least one line planning to delay service until early March, 2021.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021