Royal Caribbean International has announced yet another ship that will be sailing this summer from a non-United States port.
Starting July 10, Jewel of the Seas will call Limassol, Cyprus home, sailing seven-night cruises to Athens, Rhodes, Crete, Mykonos, and Santorini.
“I’m delighted to announce our safe and gradual return to Europe. We know how eager our guests are to enjoy a getaway this summer, and these sailings, which include a mix of fantastic destinations and must-visit islands, make for the perfect getaway,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.
“Cyprus is a beautiful island, and we are thankful to the Cypriot government for their support and enthusiasm in making these incredible itineraries possible.”
The voyages — like the others that Royal Caribbean has announced — will be fully-vaccinated sailings, meaning all crew and adult passengers will be required to have the vaccine. Kids and teens under 18 will require negative test results to sail. These requirements may evolve as they are continually evaluated.
Guests aboard Jewel of the Seas will be able to visit preserved ancient sites such as Kourion in Limassol and the Parthenon temple in Athens, then enjoy the beautiful blue waters and beaches of Mykonos and waterfront restaurants in Santorini.
“We are delighted that Royal Caribbean will call Limassol its homeport for the first time ever. This has been an ambition of ours for many years, and we are thrilled that, finally, this dream has come to fruition,” said Savvas Perdios, the Deputy Minister of Tourism for Cyprus.
“We have every confidence that Royal Caribbean’s presence in Limassol will be beneficial to Cyprus and, similarly, we are very confident that as a homeport and as a country, Cyprus will live up to the expectations of Royal Caribbean and its guests.”
These new summer 2021 cruises from Cyprus open for booking on April 7, 2021.
This news follows on the heels of Royal Caribbean’s plan to debut its new ship Odyssey of the Seas from Haifa, Israel this year. The line has also announced that Adventure of the Seas will be sailing from the Bahamas, and Vision of the Seas will find a home in Bermuda this summer.
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]