Over growing concerns of coronavirus, Princess Cruises announced they are redeploying at least one of their Asia ships to Australia.
Princess said, “With the ongoing uncertainty of travel restrictions and port closures in Asia impacting our cruise operations in China and Southeast Asia, we have made the decision to cancel and modify additional voyages on Sapphire Princess in 2020.”
This means that the round trip and one-way cruises from Shanghai, Singapore, and Hong Kong have been axed.
Now Sapphire Princess will redeploy to Australia six months earlier than previously planned, adding 44 new cruises from five major cities. The new year-long program for Sapphire Princess in Australia will be on sale beginning Thursday, February 27, 2020
The cruise line is providing complete details to all guests booked on impacted voyages via email, the Cruise Personalizer, or through their travel advisor. The line has outlined their canceled voyages and modifications on their website.
Launched in 2004, Sapphire Princess is the sister ship of Diamond Princess that is currently battling a coronavirus outbreak in Japan. Aside from cancellations throughout April 20, there has been no word if Diamond Princess will sail before April.
However, Princess said they are preparing Diamond Princess to return to service April 29, 2020, for the start of Japan’s annual Golden Week celebrations.
Golden Week is four national holidays (Showa Day, Constitution Day, Greenery Day, and Children’s Day) within seven days.
- MSC Cruises to Pause Mediterranean Voyages Until January
- Royal Caribbean Announces Summer 2022 Europe Itineraries
- Holland America Wins ‘Top Alaska Cruise Line’
- MSC Extends Pause For U.S. Cruises Through February 2021
- Why Princess Cruises Won’t Be Returning Until April 2021
- Norwegian Details Second ‘Embark NCL Spotlight’ Episode
- Carnival Cancels Through February 2021, Mardi Gras Cruise Delayed
- Royal Caribbean Cancels All Cruises Through February 2021
- Quantum Leap: First Look At Cruising During Unusual Times
- Norwegian Cancels All January, February 2021 Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Gives Away Drink Package — Do You Qualify?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean’s Next Ship Floated Out of Dry Dock [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Gives Canceled Guests Some Good News
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Horizon’s Return to Cruising Hits a Roadblock