On the heels of announcing two new Suite Ships in Europe and Avalon ChoiceSM – an entirely new concept in river cruising – for 2013, Avalon Waterways is also unveiling plans to add five new itineraries (plus a new themed cruise) to its already impressive roster of cruise options.
NEW EUROPE CRUISES:
Thanks to increased demand for “passion travel,” Avalon Waterways is expanding its popular wine-, music-, art-, legacy- and holiday-vacations to include a NEW! culinary-themed cruise, available on two itineraries for 2013: Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches and Grand France.
Another sure-to-be-hit for those interested in cruising Europe is Avalon’s 8-day NEW! Tulips of Northern Holland vacation, priced from $2,449. “Every year, our traditional Tulip Time Cruise sells out,” said Clark. “Now, we’re giving our travelers who love the beauty and history of Holland’s tulips a chance to combine some well-known sights with off the beaten path experiences.”
Originating in Amsterdam, on this itinerary, cruisers will enjoy the region of “North Holland” where tulip fields abound before cruising farther north to the region known as “Friesland,” famous for its black and white cows. They’ll sail across the Ijsselmeer and take a walking tour of the small town of Hoorn. They will also visit the ZuiderZee Museum in Enkhuizen, the Batavia shipyard in Lelystad and a windmill outside the fishing village of Volendam, with even more excursion choices in Arnhem and Rotterdam.
Other new European cruises for Avalon for 2013:
- NEW! Austrian Highlights & Bavaria: On this 9-day cruise vacation, travelers will visit Austria’s capital, Vienna, as well as charming small towns like Melk, Dürnstein and Grein before heading into Germany’s Bavaria. This new vacation also includes time in Munich and a visit to Oberammergau. Priced from $2,579 land/cruise (priced from $1,849 cruise-only).
- NEW! Capitals of Central Europe: With both 10- and 12-day options, this itinerary focuses on Europe’s splendid capital cities – Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest – as well as the many small towns that dot the landscape along the way. Priced from $2,939 land/cruise.
- NEW! Highlights of Germany: On this 13-day journey from Munich to Basel, Avalon guests will visit two of King Ludwig’s most famous castles: Newuschwanstein, the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle, and Linderhof. They will also enjoy a beer tasting in Nuremberg and exploration throughout Regensburg, one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval cities. Itinerary visits also include UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bamberg and Würzberg.
In 2013, Avalon Waterways is introducing two new ships in Asia – The Century Legend and Century Paragon – and adding a fourth itinerary (a Small Group Discovery vacation): 15-day NEW! Enchanting China & the Yangtze River, priced from $3,629.
Source: Avalon Waterways
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program