Azamara Journey is about to transform into a much more advanced ship. Of course, we are talking technologically here. The Azamara Club Cruises ship has been in dry dock for a week now, and is due to emerge on January 27.
The overhaul comes as part of a new plan to further advance Azamara’s two ships in the world of internet and technology, called Reimagine Azamara. But these transformations won’t only involve the digital. These dry docks will also produce new contemporary décor, a cutting edge spa and spa suites, and expanded entertainment and dining options.
When the ship emerges, it will feature the following:
New Wifi System
A new Pervasive wifi system will provide better connection onboard with faster internet speeds. The wifi signal will also be expanded, meaning guests will be able to get online no matter where on the ship they are.
Staterooms will be upgraded with interactive TVs that will include movies on demand, live TV channels, lecturer schedules, security information, upcoming port information, weather updates, and the ship’s navigation. Guests can even book Land Discoveries shore excursions right from the TVs in their rooms. When stomachs are rumbling and it’s time to eat something, menus will also be available on the stateroom TVs. Room service will also be available to order right from the screen.
The Inspiration Center
Deck four will now house a new Inspiration Center for guests to book their next trip and learn more about destinations that Azamara visits. A 98-inch touchscreen will feature a world map where users can touch tiles places around the world for videos, photographs, destination information, and itineraries.
The Drawing Room & Living Room
Usually, when we think of tabletops, that isn’t anything noteworthy or even special. But in the Living Room and Drawing Room aboard Azamara Journey, you’re going to have to think again. Three tabletops in each of these spaces will be interactive. Guests can send digital postcards to loved ones, draw their own art, and create doodles in the Scribble app.
Azamara Quest, the cruise line’s other ship, will enter dry dock in April in Singapore.
For more information on the overhauls for Azamara’s ships, visit azamaraclubcruises.com/reimagineazamara.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings