Cruise ship traffic is up five percent over the past year for the Bahamas islands, according to Carla Stuart, director of cruise development at the Ministry of Tourism and Aviation.
Bahamas offers two cruise ports for cruise lines to bring guests, Nassau and Grand Bahama island. Last year alone more than five million guests arrived on cruise ships to Bahamas, 843,000 from Grand Bahama island.
Tourism alone accounts for 60 percent of Bahamas’ GDP and accounts for almost half of the Bahamian workforce.
Source: The Nassau Guardian
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review