Cruise numbers are on the rise for the port of Barcelona who reported their 2011 figures earlier today. In 2011 the cruise port saw 2.6-million cruise passengers, up 13% from 2010.
8,007 ships called in Barcelona last year, 881 of them being cruise ships making cruise ships 11% of overall traffic.
Barcelona continues to serve as the leading European cruise port with seven international passenger terminals.
Holland America Line, Royal Caribbean, MSC Cruises, Costa Cruises, Seabourn, Celebrity Cruises, Carnival, Regent and others call to Barcelona or home-port throughout the year.
Source: Port Barcelona
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings