Cruisingexcursions.com has revealed their top selling excursions throughout last year. Their tours are available to book in advance before sailing, with prices that are lower than the cruise lines with a price match guarantee. Excursions include English-speaking guides, air conditioned transportation, and a guarantee that guests will make it back to their ship with plenty of time before departure.
The top excursions were:
- Port Rome Civitavecchia: Rome the Complete Tour – an 8 hour tour that hits all the major sites in Rome
- Port St. Petersburg: Shared Group Tour – 2-day tour in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Port Naples: Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano View Tour – an 8 hour excursion visiting some of the most popular sites and cities from Naples, Italy.
- Port Livorno: Picturesque Pisa & Famous Florence Tour – an 8.5 hour tour visiting these two famous Italian cities.
- Port Athen Piraeus: Panoramic Athens Tour – a 6 hour tour in Athens, Greece.
The company’s COO Simonne Fairbanks says “It’s interesting that Italian excursions have taken three of the top five places in our best selling list. Certainly we know that there was additional interest in Rome in 2016 due to the Holy Year Jubilee that took place and there are so many amazing attractions within easy distance of Naples and Livorno ports, it’s easy to see why they are in the top three.” She goes on to say, “For 2017 we’re seeing increased interest in Oman especially a ‘Khasab Dhow Cruise with Snorkeling’, and from the Polish port Gdynia on the Baltic Sea a ‘Gdansk Tour & Oliwa Cathedral’ is proving popular as is a small group Estonia ‘Tallinn Lower Town with Beer Tasting Tour’.”
Cruisingexcursions.com features around 12,000 excursions at over 700 ports around the world.