The cruise season is officially underway for the Port of San Diego, and they had some great visitors kicking off the 2012 season.
The following ships called in San Diego this past week:
On Thursday, October 4, 2012:
- Holland America’s Westerdam, 1,900 passengers
- Holland America’s Zuiderdam, 1,900 passengers
- Princess Cruises’ Star Princess, 2,500 passengers
On Friday, October 5, 2012:
- Celebrity Century, 2,000 passengers
- Princess Cruises’ Sapphire Princess, 2,500 passengers
- Disney Wonder, 2,700 passengers
The 2012-2013 cruise ship season began on September 21, when the Disney Wonder made the first of four stops in San Diego. The season will end on May 16, 2013. About 79 cruise ships with more than 250,000 passengers are scheduled for this season.
The Port of San Diego is the third largest cruise port in California.