Continuing their blog, Inspired to Cruise, Princess Cruises this week is featuring a woman whose 50th birthday cruise turned out to be perfect opportunity to face some longstanding fears. The series is turning out to be a great reference for those considering a cruise vacation for the first time, offering a variety of reasons to sail.
“Turning 50 wasn’t a day to feel old,” blogs Nettles, “but a truly golden day to begin seeing life a new way and begin planning all the other challenges I wanted to conquer.”
On her Alaska cruise, Netles found that she was able to conquer her fears and even fulfilled her wish to experience the heights of the state’s famous White Pass Railroad.
“I learned a lot turning 50 – especially that facing your fears can be a lot of fun! I can’t wait for my next adventure!
Princess Cruises is featuring a new story each week as everyday people tell of their reasons to enjoy a cruise vacation. Want to catch up on the other reasons so far? Not quite half-way through, look for this series to become a great reference for those contemplating a first cruise as real people tell their heart-warming stories in much the same tone as Princess’ year-long blogging project of last year, 50 Essential Experiences: The Travel Bucket List, which became a hardbound desk reference and valuable guide to destinations worldwide.
Reasons to Cruise
- To Conquer My Fears
- To Honor a Family Member
- To Renew Our Vows
- To Keep a Promise
- To Fulfill My Husband’s Bucket List
- To Quit Smoking
- To See My Wife Smile Again
- To Travel the World with a Purpose
- To Escape the Ice Storm
- To Learn About Family Ancestry
- To Revisit Vietnam
- To Get Married…by Surprise
- To Bridge a Generation Gap
- To Revisit Wartime Memories
- To Surprise a Loved One
- To Cruise on the “Love Boat”
- To Visit Family Far Away
- To Dance with My Husband
- To Get Away with Girlfriends
- To Spoil the Grandkids
- To Take One Last Trip Before the Kids Leave the Nest
- To Marry Each Other…Twice
Chris Owen is a travel writer from Orlando Florida charged with sharing frank, inside information on cruise vacations with travelers. Certified a Master Cruise Counselor by the Cruise Lines International Association, Chris can be found via the popular travel blog, ChrisCruises.net and on the long-running cruise information website, YourCruiseDream.com.
- Florida Governor: ‘We Want to See Cruise Ships Sail Again’
- Princess Delays Restart of Down Under Cruises Until May 2021
- Virgin Voyages Cancels Remaining 2020 Sailings
- Why Are Cruises To Nowhere Illegal in the USA?
- Carnival Begins Restaffing Ships in Hope of December Return
- CDC Issues Updated Cruise Warning as No-Sail Set To Expire
- What To Know Before Buying This $25,000 Cruise Ship Condo
- Maritime Law: The One Change That Could Save The Cruise Industry
- Timeline: 2020 Cruise Industry Shutdown
- Travel During A Pandemic: Disney Springs Hotel Stay
EDITORIAL4 days ago
The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Timeline: 2020 Cruise Industry Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
CDC Issues Updated Cruise Warning as No-Sail Set To Expire
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Begins Restaffing Ships in Hope of December Return