New this year, Massport is offering travelers free wireless Internet access at the cruise terminal to meet traveler’s expectations to be mobile enabled. More than 80 percent of vacation travelers bring at least one device, such as a smartphone, e-reader or laptop with them on vacation and 65 percent of travelers have used free wifi in an accommodations lobby or common area, according to a national electronics retailer.
Almost 20 cruise lines call on Cruiseport Boston each season, which this year runs from May through November – with four ships calling Boston home. Cruise destinations include Bermuda, and Canada-New England, and repositioning cruises to San Diego via the Panama Canal, the Southern Caribbean to Tampa, Florida, and a European Transatlantic cruise.
To allow for faster and more efficient processing of passengers and to accommodate the growing number of travelers choosing Boston for cruising, Massport has invested $11 million to renovate Cruiseport Boston including new vibrant colors, environmentally friendly lighting, elevators and people movers, and signage giving visitors a sense of place and destinations served.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
- Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
- Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
- Travel During A Pandemic: Visiting Disney Springs
- Cruise Podcast: How To Buy A Room On A Cruise Ship + News
- 21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
- New Cruise Ship Will Literally Change the Air You Breathe
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing