The arrival of Holland America’s ms Veendam kicked off Boston’s 2016 cruise season last week, which runs through November.
70 percent of travelers taking a Canada/New England cruise from Cruiseport Boston travel there by air, while approximately 95 percent who take a Bermuda cruise or a re-positioning cruise to the Caribbean live within a five-hour drive of Boston.
Boston, primarily a gateway to Canada/New England sailings, will have five ships homeported throughout the year. Over 100 ships calls are scheduled as well as seeing nine maiden calls.
- Carnival Sunshine
- Norwegian Dawn
- ms Veendam
- ms Rotterdam
- Serenade of the Seas
- Anthem of the Seas
- Viking Star
You can check the full schedule here.
Cruiseport Boston launched a renovation and expansion of its main terminal, which transformed a vintage World War I military warehouse into a 21st century point of departure for ocean-going vacationers. The $11 million makeover tripled the usable space on the third floor to allow for faster processing of passengers embarking or returning from a cruise. It also added vibrant colors, environmentally friendly lighting, new elevators and people movers, and signage giving visitors a sense of place and destinations served.
Have you ever sailed from Boston?
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021