In lieu of its Alaska season, Norwegian Cruise Line released new itineraries for Norwegian Sun on Tuesday.
Starting in June, the ship will now sail a variety of itineraries to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas from Port Canaveral.
In mid-April, the cruise line decided to cancel the ship’s Alaska season because of pending travel restrictions at both Vancouver and Seattle.
The ship, which is currently laid up in Jacksonville, Florida during the suspension of cruising, will offer a series of short cruises from the Space Coast.
Norwegian Sun itineraries
- Three-night cruises will call to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay
- Four-night cruises will call to Key West, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay
- Five-night cruises will call to Mexico and Bahamas
All voyages from Port Canaveral will call at Norwegian’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
In 2019, the island was given a massive makeover to include a handful of new spots, including a premium beach called Silver Cove, the additions of more ziplines, food trucks, new dining areas, and an excursion area.
READ MORE: First Look at Great Stirrup Cay
While Norwegian Sun’s Alaska sailings have been canceled, Norwegian says that they “have reduced our rates for cruises in July, August, and September across the three vessels that will continue to sail Alaska.”
Similar to sister ship Norwegian Sky, Sun received a complete makeover in 2018 that brought new remodeled public spaces and upgrades to the ship’s 968 staterooms.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships that are slated to sail Alaska in 2020 are Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Joy, and Norwegian Bliss.
Tour Great Stirrup Cay
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
- Cruise Execs Reveal Where First Cruise Ships Could Sail From
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 17, 2020
- Cruise Lines Explain Delayed Refunds
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise Line Changes Its “No Buffets” Stance
- Virgin Voyages Won’t Set Sail Until October 16
- Cruise Podcast: Holland America Zuiderdam + News
- Big Cruise News Comes Out Of Royal Caribbean Earnings Call