In lieu of its Alaska season, Norwegian Cruise Line released new itineraries for Norwegian Sun on Tuesday.
Starting in June, the ship will now sail a variety of itineraries to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas from Port Canaveral.
In mid-April, the cruise line decided to cancel the ship’s Alaska season because of pending travel restrictions at both Vancouver and Seattle.
The ship, which is currently laid up in Jacksonville, Florida during the suspension of cruising, will offer a series of short cruises from the Space Coast.
Norwegian Sun itineraries
- Three-night cruises will call to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay
- Four-night cruises will call to Key West, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay
- Five-night cruises will call to Mexico and Bahamas
All voyages from Port Canaveral will call at Norwegian’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
In 2019, the island was given a massive makeover to include a handful of new spots, including a premium beach called Silver Cove, the additions of more ziplines, food trucks, new dining areas, and an excursion area.
READ MORE: First Look at Great Stirrup Cay
While Norwegian Sun’s Alaska sailings have been canceled, Norwegian says that they “have reduced our rates for cruises in July, August, and September across the three vessels that will continue to sail Alaska.”
Similar to sister ship Norwegian Sky, Sun received a complete makeover in 2018 that brought new remodeled public spaces and upgrades to the ship’s 968 staterooms.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships that are slated to sail Alaska in 2020 are Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Joy, and Norwegian Bliss.
Tour Great Stirrup Cay
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Port Overview: Portland, Maine
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies