In lieu of its Alaska season, Norwegian Cruise Line released new itineraries for Norwegian Sun on Tuesday.
Starting in June, the ship will now sail a variety of itineraries to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas from Port Canaveral.
In mid-April, the cruise line decided to cancel the ship’s Alaska season because of pending travel restrictions at both Vancouver and Seattle.
The ship, which is currently laid up in Jacksonville, Florida during the suspension of cruising, will offer a series of short cruises from the Space Coast.
Norwegian Sun itineraries
- Three-night cruises will call to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay
- Four-night cruises will call to Key West, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay
- Five-night cruises will call to Mexico and Bahamas
All voyages from Port Canaveral will call at Norwegian’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
In 2019, the island was given a massive makeover to include a handful of new spots, including a premium beach called Silver Cove, the additions of more ziplines, food trucks, new dining areas, and an excursion area.
READ MORE: First Look at Great Stirrup Cay
While Norwegian Sun’s Alaska sailings have been canceled, Norwegian says that they “have reduced our rates for cruises in July, August, and September across the three vessels that will continue to sail Alaska.”
Similar to sister ship Norwegian Sky, Sun received a complete makeover in 2018 that brought new remodeled public spaces and upgrades to the ship’s 968 staterooms.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships that are slated to sail Alaska in 2020 are Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Joy, and Norwegian Bliss.
Tour Great Stirrup Cay
- CDC Issues New Cruise Warning as No-Sail Set To Expire
- What To Know Before Buying This $25,000 Cruise Ship Condo
- Maritime Law: The One Change That Could Save The Cruise Industry
- Timeline: 2020 Cruise Industry Shutdown
- Travel During A Pandemic: Disney Springs Hotel Stay
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of October 18, 2020
- The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever