In lieu of its Alaska season, Norwegian Cruise Line released new itineraries for Norwegian Sun on Tuesday.
Starting in June, the ship will now sail a variety of itineraries to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas from Port Canaveral.
In mid-April, the cruise line decided to cancel the ship’s Alaska season because of pending travel restrictions at both Vancouver and Seattle.
The ship, which is currently laid up in Jacksonville, Florida during the suspension of cruising, will offer a series of short cruises from the Space Coast.
Norwegian Sun itineraries
- Three-night cruises will call to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay
- Four-night cruises will call to Key West, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay
- Five-night cruises will call to Mexico and Bahamas
All voyages from Port Canaveral will call at Norwegian’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
In 2019, the island was given a massive makeover to include a handful of new spots, including a premium beach called Silver Cove, the additions of more ziplines, food trucks, new dining areas, and an excursion area.
READ MORE: First Look at Great Stirrup Cay
While Norwegian Sun’s Alaska sailings have been canceled, Norwegian says that they “have reduced our rates for cruises in July, August, and September across the three vessels that will continue to sail Alaska.”
Similar to sister ship Norwegian Sky, Sun received a complete makeover in 2018 that brought new remodeled public spaces and upgrades to the ship’s 968 staterooms.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships that are slated to sail Alaska in 2020 are Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Joy, and Norwegian Bliss.
Tour Great Stirrup Cay
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS18 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line