On April 6, Princess Cruises’ ship Caribbean Princess will be debuting following a dry dock renovation, and it will have completed the largest food and beverage makeover to ever take place during a dry dock.
The new dining options onboard include:
World Fresh Marketplace
World Fresh Marketplace is replacing Horizon Court on deck 14 with a new look, improved layout, and freshly-made food options.
- Breakfast will include 24-hour cereal stations, a designer pancake station, and unique hot cereal choices such as shrimp & grits and polenta porridge.
- Lunch serves up hand-crafted sandwiches, regionally-inspired soups, and a wide selection of sausages, hams, and roasted meats.
- Dinner includes breakfast at night, family comfort foods, and a PB&J bar. Nighttime offerings will also feature a live-action station with stir-fry, customized pasta, and composed salad choices.
Casual Specialty Restaurants
Café Caribe on deck 14 has transformed into two new, casual evening specialty restaurants which are great for families with kids who want a special meal in a nice, laid-back setting.
- Planks BBQ – serving up family-style “Planks” of loaded ribs, beef, sausages, and chicken, plus sides like fries, chili, coleslaw, charred toast, and dill pickles. Dinner is served by wait staff for $12 per person. Free buffet-style breakfast and lunch options include customizable breakfast bowls and signature soup, fresh salads, and fork & knife sandwiches.
- Steamers Seafood – offers east coast-style Steamers with regional flair including Black & Blue Mussels, Scallops & Sausage, Classic Clams, and Crab-stuffed Flounder. Dinner is served for a cover charge of $12 per person, and a lobster tail and King Crab legs can be added for $10. Free buffet-style breakfast and lunch choices include specialty egg dishes and ramen bowls.
Top Deck Dining
Four top deck outdoor offerings have been revitalized, renamed, and enhanced.
- The Salty Dog Grill – formerly Trident Grill, here guests can indulge in “The Ernesto” burger, voted the #1 burger at sea by Cruise Critic, as well as other burgers with handmade beef patties and buns. Guests can also try new Street Tacos with grilled chipotle-lime chicken or roasted sweet potato-green chile with corn tortillas. Loaded fries and classic hot dogs round out the menu.
- Slice – formerly Pizzeria, Slice features west and east coast offerings, where guests will enjoy award-winning signature classic Neapolitan-style pizza. New menu items include Deep Dish Focaccia with marinara, meatballs, and cheese, California Artisanal Toast including Cali-Avocado or Caprese, as well as Sliced Stromboli – an east coast take on an Italian calzone filled with deli meats and cheese.
- Coffee & Cones – formerly Scoops, this fun venue offers treats of gourmet ice cream sandwiches, free ice cream cones, and specialty coffee on the top deck.
- The Mix – formerly Blackbeard’s Bar, this poolside watering hole will be updated and redesigned with vibrant colors (this venue will be fully updated by fall 2017).
In addition to the new food and drink offerings, Caribbean Princess will energy from dry dock with Camp Discovery youth and teen centers, an upgraded Movies Under the Stars screen, Princess Luxury Beds, and interconnecting staterooms. It is also going to be wired for the Ocean Medallion launch that will be available summer 2018.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program