Carnival Corporation has completed its third berth to the company’s pier at Puerta Maya in Cozumel, finishing a project that was born in 2005.
The new “arm” to the existing pier in Puerta Maya cost a cool $20 million plus, and will allow three ships to be moored at the terminal at the same time. To mark the occasion, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Freedom, and Carnival Triumph all arrived on Thursday, making it the first trio to use the new three-berth pier. The pier will accommodate any ship across Carnival’s ten brands, including their next-generation ships.
Cozumel is the busiest cruise destination in the Caribbean, and last year about 1.5 million Carnival guests visited the port on 25 different ships. The island constantly receives high ratings from Carnival’s guests, and the new berth will allow greater flexibility for guests to visit the destination.
The Puerta Maya pier and welcome cruise center are located on the southwestern part of Cozumel, about five miles south of San Miguel, the island’s largest city. It features the world’s first underwater oxygen bar and a restaurant called the Tres Amigos Bar, based on the 1986 movie Three Amigos. Also featured is Pancho’s Backyard, an eatery featuring ocean views and Fat Tuesday, a waterfront bar featuring a dance floor.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos