The last voyage in the year-long Wheel of Fortune slot machines 20th anniversary sponsored by Carnival and IGT ended November 16, and a grand prize winner has been named.
Kenneth Gass, an avid Carnival cruiser for over 18 years, won the $100,000 grand prize from the $200,000 prize pool slots tournament during the Carnival Magic cruise from Port Canaveral. The jackpot marks the line’s largest prize pool of all time. The promotion commemorated a year-long celebration recognizing two decades of IGT’s Wheel of Fortune slot machines, which are featured in Carnival ships’ casinos fleetwide.
As part of the Spin N Sail promotion, over 20 land-based casinos, DoubleDown Casino online social casino, and all Carnival ships gave away hundreds of cruises aboard Carnival Magic, with the top 40 winners receiving cash prizes. The over 350 players came from a mix of Carnival’s past guests, players from partner casinos, and contest winners.
Carnival and IGT also partnered with the most successful syndicated game show in TV history for the first-ever Carnival Cruise Line Wheel of Fortune-themed week that featured a viewer sweepstakes. Five themed episodes of the show were aired from March 21 to 25, 2016 and featured a custom, tropical-themed set with Carnival ship images and video. Contestants competed to win Carnival cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska. Prior to the broadcast, Pat Sajak, Vanna White, and the “Wheel of Fortune” crew shot custom segments aboard a Carnival ship.
The show sweepstakes encouraged viewers to watch “Spin & Sail Week” on Wheel of Fortune, and enter each night’s bonus puzzle on their website. Twenty winners were selected, and the grand prize was a cruise on Carnival Magic November 12, and a spot in the onboard $200,000 slot tournament.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]