Carnival Breeze arrived in Southampton, England on Saturday morning to disembark crew members who could not get home from the United States due to travel restrictions.
The first round of crew members left the ship to board flights back to their home countries, adhering to local regulations to ensure safety.
Once Carnival Breeze leaves Southampton, the ship will head to the Mediterranean to sign off crew members in Spain, Italy, and Croatia.
Last month, most of Carnival Cruise Line’s vessels met off the coast of the Bahamas to start a massive repatriation process.
Once all the ships were in a giant pod, the used lifeboats to transfer crew members between ships. The ships were then sent in multiple different directions to start the process of getting the crew members home.
All the crew members on board were in the middle of a contract on March 13, when the company announced a temporary pause of operations. Since then, travel restrictions and red tape have prohibited a lot of the crew to reach their home country from the United States.
Carnival Breeze, along with Carnival Elation, are two of the ships scheduled to return to service on August 1 from Port Canaveral, Florida. Galveston, Texas and Miami, Florida will also see Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista returning to service.
Tour Carnival Breeze
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
- Cruise News Briefs — January 14, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
- Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs — January 13, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Carnival Cruise Director Leaving Ship Life Behind
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021