It’s official Carnival Breeze was named on Saturday in Port Miami. The ship’s godmother is Tracy Wilson Mourning, founder of the Miami-based Honey Shine mentoring program. After officially naming the vessel, Tracy busted the traditional bottle of champagne over the hull.
“We wanted to wait for the naming of Carnival Breeze until it came home to Miami,“ said Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill. The ship originally was put into service in Europe over the summer of 2012.
“It is because of the Carnival Cruise Lines family that we are able to do what we do in the community,” said Mourning.
During the ceremony Carnival presented a check in the amount of $25,000 to the Honey Shine program.
Carnival Breeze arrived in its new homeport of Miami on November 24, becoming the largest Carnival ship to ever be based in South Florida.
Carnival Breeze boasts great eateries like Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri’s Guy’s Burger Joint, Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ, Bonsai Sushi, and the RedFrog Pub. Also, guests will be stimulated by the multi-dimensional thrill theater, the ropes course in SportsSquare and the full service WaterWorks water park.
The 130,000-ton Carnival Breeze is Carnival’s 24th Fun Ship and offers year-round six-day voyages and three different eight-day Caribbean itineraries.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review