Carnival Corporation’s Chairman Micky Arison and his wife Madeleine have matched the recent donation by Carnival Cruise Line and Carnival Corporation to aid victims of the Louisiana floods. The additional $250,000 was made through their foundation, The Micky and Madeleine Arison Family Foundation, and raises the total from Carnival-related organizations to $500,000. Recipients include the American Red Cross, Louisiana Association of United Ways, and Save the Children.
The Red Cross is sheltering thousands that were displaced from their homes in the floods, and delivering supplies, food, and emotional support to victims. The Louisiana Association of United Ways will be dispersed among regional branches in communities affected, to support long-term needs. Save the Children has deployed an emergency response team to Louisiana and is focused on the needs of children and families affected by the natural disaster.
In addition to the total $500,000 donation, Carnival is encouraging guests sailing aboard their two New Orleans-based ships, Carnival Triumph and Dream, to donate when they check in for their voyage. Employees of the cruise line are also being encouraged to donate.
“Recognizing the tremendous magnitude of this disaster and the Carnival organization’s longstanding partnership with the state of Louisiana, Madeleine and I felt strongly in our desire to provide additional support to organizations aiding in the flood relief efforts,” remarked Micky Arison.
We commend you, Carnival and the Arisons for your generous donations for the flood victims.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption