This morning Senior Cruise Director for Carnival Cruise Line’s posted some changes to their VIFP (Very Important Fun Person) loyalty program on his Facebook page. The changes will mostly affect guests who attend the VIFP Welcome Back reception.
What is Changing?
Effective sailings after May 15, 2015 Gold Members will no longer be invited to attend the VIFP Party. Only Platinum and Diamond Members will be allowed to attend.
Why the Change?
The size of the event has grown to over 1,000 guests at some point and dilutes the guest experience. The change will allow the parties to be held in smaller venues.
Gold Still Gets Drinks
Gold Members will now receive a complimentary Appreciation Drink Coupon on cruises 5 days or longer. The drink can only be used after 5pm on the last sea day.
John Heald said on Facebook, “To say thank you for your loyalty we will provide each Gold card holder with a drink coupon to the value of $9 which will be usable on the last sea day of the cruise from any bar on the ship on voyages of 5 days or more. This is along with the complimentary bottle of water we already provide. Hopefully you will appreciate and enjoy this amenity and meanwhile let me thank you for your loyalty and I hope soon you will be holding your bright and shiny platinum card and be on your way to diamond.”
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption