Carnival Corporation has some good news for travelers anticipating cruises to Cuba aboard their Fathom cruise line. The island nation has approved Fathom to sail there from the United States beginning on May 1.
This marks the first time in 50 years that a cruise ship has been granted travel from the US to Cuba. Following US authorization in July 2015, Carnival Corp. has been cleared to sail the ship 704-passenger Adonia there. Fathom president Tara Russell said “Our Carnival Corporation and Fathom brand teams have worked closely with Cuba throughout this process and we are thrilled to begin regular sailings to Cuba from Miami starting on May 1, 2016. We have been told that we will be the first cruise line to sail from the U.S. to Cuba with our historic inaugural sailing.”
Cuba Ports of Call
During each sailing, the Adonia will visit Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba. Carnival Corporation has received berthing approval for those three ports.
As part of the sailings in Fathom‘s inaugural year, travelers will be able to enjoy an authentic Cuban experience, which will include Cuban and Caribbean-inspired music and films, as well as menu items and onboard activities. Special programming onboard will include an orientation to Cuba’s history and culture, geographic-inspired entertainment, personal enrichment activities, and conversational Spanish lessons.
Seven-day cruises aboard Fathom cruises depart from Miami on Sundays at 4:30 pm. The ship will arrive in Havana the following morning. The ship will return to Miami at 7:30 am the following Sunday.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings