Carnival Corporation & plc has announced that the board of directors declared a special dividend of $0.50 per share, which is in addition to its previously announced regular quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share already scheduled to be paid December 14, 2012. For the special dividend, the board approved a payment date of December 28, 2012 based on a record date of December 7, 2012.
Commenting on the special dividend, Micky Arison, chairman and CEO of Carnival Corporation & plc, stated, “This additional dividend is in keeping with our previously stated strategy of returning excess free cash flow to shareholders. Looking forward, we remain committed to increasing shareholder returns through a combination of dividend distributions and opportune share repurchases.”
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program