On the heals of Carnival Cruise Lines donating $150,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami earlier this month, parent company Carnival Corporation & plc. has made a $300,000 donation to the organization.
Generated entirely by book sponsorship contributions from Carnival’s vendors and business partners, the $300,000 donation will enable BBBS of Greater Miami to expand its ongoing mentoring initiatives for local school-age children and help fund the organization’s various community-based scholarship programs. The $300,000 donation follows an additional $150,000 donation from Carnival Corporation & plc that enables BBBS of Greater Miami to provide 100 new matches to local children who are on a waitlist to participate for the organization’s mentoring program.
“Carnival Corporation & plc has been a valued partner of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami for more than two decades and through their continued generosity and the tremendous support of the sponsors of this book, we’re able to truly make a difference in the lives of some very special children,” said Lydia Muniz, BBBS of Greater Miami President and CEO.
Source: Carnival Corporation & plc.
Subscribe to Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]