Carnival Corporation & plc has given $54,000 to 12 non-profit organizations. The money was used to purchase gifts for under privileged children in the Miami-Dade and Broward counties this holiday season.
“With this donation, we hope to spread a little holiday cheer to families and children who might otherwise not receive gifts this year,” said Linda Coll, director of Carnival Foundation. “By spreading out the donations to 14 local organizations we are able to touch thousands of South Florida children in need this holiday season.”
Recipients of the holiday donations include:
- 4Kids of South Florida (Fort Lauderdale) is a South Florida foster care agency dedicated to finding a home for children in crisis.
- Amigos for Kids (Miami, Little Havana) is dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Chapman Partnership provides comprehensive services to homeless residents through two Homeless Assistance Centers, one in downtown Miami and one in Homestead.
- CHARLEE Homes for Children (Miami) provides exceptional services for abused, abandoned and neglected children.
- Children’s Harbor (Fort Lauderdale) provides therapeutic services to children and families in crisis, a safe and nurturing environment for children in foster care, and advocacy within the child welfare system.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida (Miami) is Florida’s largest and oldest statewide not-for-profit serving children and families. They offer a range of social services through programs that include foster care case management, special needs and international adoptions, abuse prevention and family strengthening support, abuse investigation, counseling for children and families, emergency shelter for children and services for children with — or at risk for — developmental delays or disabilities.
- Jack and Jill Children’s Center (Fort Lauderdale) helps to break the cycle of poverty for children of low-income working families in Broward County through family-oriented child care services and family intervention and support.
- Kids in Distress (Fort Lauderdale) prevents child abuse, preserves the family and treats children who have been abused and neglected. Recognized as a premier agency in South Florida, it provides family strengthening services as well as children’s services to more than 10,000 children and their families.
- Kristi House (Miami) is dedicated to healing and eradicating child sexual abuse.
- Miami Children’s Hospital (Miami) is a worldwide leader in pediatric medicine.
- Overtown Youth Center (Miami, Overtown) inspires and empowers youth and families by fostering hope through enrichment services.
- Salvation Army/Angel Tree Program provides children in our community facing hardship with Christmas gifts.
- Toys for Tots (Miami, Broward) collects new unwrapped toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community.
- Voice For Children Foundation (Miami) raises funds to ensure that abused children in Miami-Dade County have a court-appointed guardian ad litem.
- Carnival Foundation coordinates the philanthropic efforts of Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Lines, including the line’s employee-driven service group, the Friends Uniting Neighbors (F.U.N.) Team.
Altogether, the toy and monetary donations provide holiday gifts to more than 4,000 local children in need.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.