Carnival Cruise Line celebrated their partnership with the Port of Mobile this week by hosting a Seuss-a-Palooza event for kids attending the YMCA of South Alabama Summer Camp program. Held aboard Carnival Fantasy, which is homeported year-round in Mobile, was highlighted by a Green Eggs and Ham brunch with The Cat in the Hat and Friends, story time, parade, and other Dr. Seuss-inspired activities.
Carnival made a $20,000 donation to the YMCA of South Alabama during the event, reinforcing their commitment to support its homeport communities. The ship sails from Mobile on 4 to 10-day cruises to the Bahamas, eastern and western Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America. Fantasy carries around 170,000 guests a year from Mobile.
The festivities are part of Seuss at Sea, Carnival’s partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises that feature activities like the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast, the Seuss-a-Palooza Parade and Story Time, Dr. Seuss Bookville, character meet and greets, Dr. Seuss toys and games, and popular movies shown onboard.
YMCA day camp programs provide a fun experience where teens and kids can explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests, and create lasting memories. A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for over 130 years.
Photos: Carnival Cruise Line
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]