Carnival Cruise Line and the Miami Children’s Museum have unveiled their newly renovated Upper Deck, which is part of the cruise ship-themed exhibit within the museum’s Watson Island location in downtown Miami.
Tracy Mourning – founder of the Honey Shine mentoring program, who also served as godmother to Carnival Breeze – along with Sarah Beth Reno, Carnival’s VP of entertainment were on hand for the festivities, popping a champagne bottle filled with confetti to signify the grand opening of the newly designed space.
The exhibit includes an interactive model of a Navigational Control Station, a lego table with a ship model, a destination wall with the different ports Carnival sails to, a Dr. Seuss Bookville reading area, cruise ship artifacts, and a 32-foot-long I-Wall that allows guests to get an in-depth look at various areas of the ship. The renovation of the two-level space is part of Carnival’s ongoing support of the museum, which began in 1983.
Carnival’s permanent exhibit is part of the 14 galleries located within Miami Children’s Museum and is designed to support the museum’s mission of enriching the lives of kids by fostering a love of learning. The museum is located at 980 MacArthur Causeway. Museum admission is $20 for adults and kids, $15 for Florida residents, and is free for babies under one year old.
Photos: Carnival Cruise Line
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of September 15, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Book Travel with a Credit Card
- Online Dangers To Consider When Traveling
- Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
- Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Production Shows
- Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami
- Cruising Misty Fjords National Monument
- Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
- 8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
8 Things to Do in Kotor
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)