Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Cruise Line was honored with a 2017 WAVE Award in the category of Best Refurbished Ship for Carnival Imagination as part of the TravelAge West WAVE (Western Agents’ Votes of Excellence) Awards held on June 15.
Last year, the vessel underwent an extensive renovation, which added a variety of new food and beverage concepts. The new spaces were added during a three-week dry dock which took place in September 2016. Additions include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside venue developed with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries amidst décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
- BlueIguana Cantina – a free poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
- Alchemy Bar – a “cocktail pharmacy” themed lounge where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions made from different ingredients with creative names like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a fun and festive outdoor bar with a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers
- Cherry on Top – the “sweetest spot onboard,” which celebrates simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun gifts and novelties, custom apparel, and more
The new venues complement the ship’s array of onboard features, including a WaterWorks aqua park, the Serenity adults-only area, and the Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises. Carnival Imagination operates year-round 3 and 4-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, California.
Travel agents throughout the 15 western states and readers of TravelAge West were invited to vote from a list of Editor’s Pick award recipients. Review methods included product analysis, on-site visits, a survey of a select group of travel agents, and online research. TravelAge West will also feature Carnival in a special WAVE Awards Spotlight Issue which is out now.