Carnival Cruise Line was a big winner in this year’s USA Today’s 10Best Awards, where it earned first-place honors in four different categories. Alongside wins in other categories, this is the fourth time the line has been named “Best Ocean Cruise Line” by USA Today readers.
Nominations for the USA Today 10Best Awards were selected by a panel of cruise industry experts, with voting taking place online by readers who were asked to rank cruise lines in a variety of product and service-related categories.
Best Ocean Cruise Line
Carnival was named Best Ocean Cruise Line for consistently providing fun, memorable vacations at a great value. In addition to new ships, the line has invested $2 billion in ship enhancements, offering massive water parks, updated spas, fun dining venues, and upgraded cabins.
The line sails from over a dozen year-round North American homeports, providing a convenient way for guests to get to and from their cruise.
Best New Cruise Ship
Before it has even debuted with paying passengers, Mardi Gras has already been named Best New Cruise Ship for its exciting innovations. These include BOLT — the first roller coaster at sea, a huge water park, a two-story tiki bar, and restaurants from Emeril Lagasse, Guy Fieri, Rudi Sodamin, and Shaquille O’Neal.
As well, Mardi Gras will be the first North American-based ship to run on Liquefied Natural Gas, which is a cleaner-burning fossil fuel.
Best Ship For Families
Carnival Horizon earned the Best Ship for Families award for providing a huge variety of all-ages fun, including robust children’s programming and outdoor attractions like the WaterWorks aqua park and SkyRide cycling track. These complement other family-friendly amenities like an IMAX movie theater and Family Harbor area, which includes extra-roomy cabins for families and a private lounge.
Best Cruise Ship For Dining
Carnival Horizon won first place again, this time earning the Best Cruise Ship for Dining honor for its array of restaurants. They include the Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse, Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, JiJi Asian Kitchen, Bonsai Teppanyaki, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse|Brewhouse, and more.
Currently, Carnival Cruise Line plans to resume sailings in June 2021.
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team