Carnival Cruise Line and Dr. Seuss Enterprises have announced new onboard activities inspired by the beloved book Horton Hears a Who! The educational activities have been designed to promote kindness, compassion, and generosity among some of the line’s youngest little cruisers.
Published in 1940, Horton Hears a Who! is one of Dr. Seuss’ most famous books. It tells the story of Horton the Elephant, a loyal creature who discovers a tiny planet that’s home to a community called Whoville. Despite objections from his disbelieving friends, Horton vows to protect Whoville, saying throughout the book that “a person’s a person, no matter how small.”
Pattered after the book’s message of love, the new programming will include a “pledge to be kind” activity where kids can write down their kindness pledges that will be posted on a special banner onboard, with prizes for most creative and heartfelt submissions. Kid can also make friendship bracelets and other crafts, with screenings of the iconic movie shown onboard throughout October.
Part of an annual national campaign by Dr. Seuss, the new “Be Kind/Dare to Care” activities are rolling out this month across the Carnival fleet, and complement the line’s existing Dr. Seuss-themed programming, called Seuss at Sea. In addition to the new activities, other offerings within Seuss at Sea include The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with Cat in the Hat and Friends, Dr. Seuss Bookville, Dr. Seuss toys and games, and movies shown onboard.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]