MIAMI, FL. – Carnival Cruise Lines debuts a new television advertising campaign today featuring three new spots that speak to the unique kind of genuine, participatory fun unleashed on a Carnival cruise. The new commercials, produced by Arnold Worldwide, retain the brand’s existing “Fun For All. All For Fun” tagline. Each spot features the song “Bang the Drum” by Todd Rundgren.
Additionally, Carnival will be the exclusive cruise line advertiser during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games with the new spots running throughout 17 days of the Olympic broadcast period on the NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and USA networks. Carnival will also be the exclusive sponsor of the athletes’ section on NBCOlympics.com, featuring custom videos of the Olympic competitors.
The first TV spot showcases the fun of a Carnival cruise through the eyes of a teenager who watches as her father leaves his email, computer and cell phone behind, getting lost in the joys of dancing, poolside shenanigans and family fun, Carnival-style.
Another spot, “Gangway,” captures the moment of transformation that happens to a Carnival guest when he/she crosses the bridge and goes from land to sea, leaving the everyday worries and routine of today back onshore.
“Everybody In” celebrates the one-armed photo — that photo everyone wants to be in, so someone ends up holding the camera with one arm while posing with the group — all with the goal of highlighting the feeling of fun that is true to the Carnival experience.
“The new work does a great job of portraying the social and participatory nature of the Carnival vacation experience, capturing those moments that make our cruises so uniquely memorable and enjoyable for our guests,” said Jim Berra, chief marketing officer for Carnival Cruise Lines.
“We leveraged truisms about the brand and about our Carnival loyalists to communicate moments that capture quintessential Carnival fun,” said Pete Favat, chief creative officer at Arnold. “People who want to have pure fun on a vacation will see themselves in the work, and that connection should help propel interest.”
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants