Carnival Cruise Line, in partnership with Carrie Underwood, released the first episode of a new video series featuring meet-and-greets with the country superstar and military families. The families are being recognized through the Honor. Family. Fun. initiative that the cruise line is doing to benefit Operation Homefront.
In the first video, Underwood surprises the Vaughn family at a pre-concert event in Washington, D.C. The father Phillip served in the Army. She thanked Vaughn for his service and invited he and his family to her special private concert for military families aboard Carnival Vista in New York City on November 4. Then, Carnival Cruise Director Butch Begovich gave the family a free cruise.
Carrie Underwood and Carnival have partnered on the year-long Honor. Family. Fun. initiative, which is designed to support US military families through Operation Homefront. The Vaughns are among dozens of military families that were recognized during 10 stops along Carrie’s Storyteller Tour. They all had meet and greets and were invited to the NYC concert.
“Meeting the Vaughn family was touching for me and I hope they are as excited to come to my concert in New York as I was to surprise them with the invitation. This program has afforded me the opportunity to personally thank these soldiers for all that they do, and I am grateful to be a part of something so positive and rewarding.” said Underwood.
Supports can donate toward Operation Homefront by heading to carnival.com/honorfamilyfun. Commemorative dog tags are also available at The Storyteller Tour, as well as throughout Carnival’s fleet onboard with all proceeds going to the nonprofit.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption