If you’ve read any of our articles on Carnival Vista lately, you know that the ship is full of flavor – and the drinks are flowing. You won’t go hungry or thirsty on this cruise ship; it features everything from Asian to New England to Cuban food, so you’ll get a taste of flavors from around the world. Complementing the cuisine is a wide variety of bars and lounges, including the line’s first onboard brewery.
While Carnival Vista is full of favorites like Guy’s Burger Joint and BlueIguana Cantina, there’s also a few new venues that are exclusive to the line’s newest ship. Notable, the Seafood Shack, which is modeled after roadside seafood stands that dot the coast of New England. Bonsai Sushi and Cherry on Top have been expanded aboard Vista as well; offering both indoor and outdoor seating.
The focus of Carnival Vista is undoubtedly the international cuisine that can be found among its decks. Ji Ji Asian Kitchen offers a taste of the Orient, Cucina del Capitano brings Italian favorites onboard, BlueIguana Cantina features fresh Mexican food and a tortilla-making machine, and Fahrenheit 555 is a classic American steakhouse.
Dining venues featured on Carnival Vista include:
- Bonsai Sushi – Expanded onboard Vista, Bonsai Sushi offers cooked-to-order things like shrimp tempura, chicken katsu, omakase and various noodle bowls, which complement a variety of sushi sashimi, and bento boxes.
- Cucino del Capitano – This venue is a celebration of Carnival’s deep roots in Italy – all of the fleet’s captains are Italian, so the restaurant serves up a variety of Italian favorite, family-style.
- BlueIguana Cantina – Open for breakfast and lunch, this Mexican eatery serves authentic tacos on freshly-made tortillas and made-to-order burritos that can be personalized at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- Fahrenheit 555 – This classic American steakhouse offers steaks and other gourmet fare.
- Cherry on Top – This sweets shop offers ice cream with a variety of toppings. When guests order a Brownie Buoy, a donation is made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen – This Asian eatery offers a full-service menu with a mix of exotic and familiar dishes designed to delight the senses.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – Guests can’t get enough of this burger joint. It features fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries, and a big toppings bar created in partnership with Guy Fieri.
- Seafood Shack – This seafood-lovers paradise features tradition fare such as New England clam chowder, lobster rolls, fried clam strips, steamed lobster, peel-and-eat shrimp, and more.
- Pizzeria del Capitano – Five varieties of hand-tossed pizzas are served here, available for free 24 hours a day.
- The Taste Bar – Bite-sized preview offerings inspired by popular Carnival venues are served here, along with a signature cocktail tied to the day’s particular theme available for purchase.
- Serenity – In the adult’s only area, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and other light fare is available.
- Lido Marketplace – This is the ship’s main buffet, and features an array of international favorites, from comfort food, to paninis, to a deli and everything in between.
- The Chef’s Table – This VIP experience is exclusively for a group of 14 guests, and features a number of courses, followed by a tour of the galley. It is hosted by one of the ship’s master chefs, and is an experience to remember.
- American Table/American Feast – The main dining rooms Horizons and Reflections serve these menus, and feature a wide range of appetizers, sides, entrees, and desserts, as well as shareable items for the table.
Bars and drink venues featured include:
- Havana Bar – This popular bar specializes in mojitos and Cuba Libres, and has added a bar menu. It includes everything from a sampler plate to something a little more hearty, all with a Cuban flair.
- JavaBlue Café – This little café features coffee, and hot and cold drinks with a fun twist. Guests can also enjoy sweet treats and comfort snacks.
- Ocean Plaza – This indoor/outdoor café serves cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos along with pastries and other confections.
- RedFrog Pub & Brewery – Caribbean bites are served here, but the star is the hand-crafted beer brewed right on onboard. The brewery was developed with Miami-based Concrete Beach Brewery, and the brews are also inspired by the Caribbean.
- Shake Spot – Shake Spot not only offers your average milkshakes, but also fruity-flavored breaks, and spiked milkshakes and treats as well.
Carnival Vista is spending the summer in Europe, before embarking on a transatlantic crossing on October 21, arriving in New York City on November 3. She will then sail two 11-day voyages from the city, before repositioning to Miami for year-round Caribbean departures later that month.