Guests aboard Carnival Ecstasy have been enjoying all-new dinnerware, and the cruise line made sure the old was put to good use.
Last month, Carnival donated boxes of plates, bowls, cups, and saucers used in the ship’s dining rooms to five local charities in the Charleston area, where the ship is based. Programs that received the dishes included Habitat for Humanity Restore, Windwood Farm Home for Children, Connie Maxwell Children’s Home, The Neighborhood House of Our Lady of Mercy, and My Sister’s House.
The program director for The Neighborhood House, Deborah LaRoche, said some of the dinnerware will help clients set up their new homes.
Carnival recently changed the style of dinnerware that they use aboard their ships, which is why they donated everything. Most of it was brand new, surplus dishes that never even made it out of their original shipping boxes.
Ecstasy‘s captain, Gianluca Longhin, said that this isn’t the first time the ship has donated; previously they’ve given away deck chairs, mattresses, bed frames, winter clothes, and appliances. They even donated excess teddy bears from a previous onboard promotion to the MUSC Children’s Hospital.
The giving is all coordinated by the Carnival Foundation, which has contributed over $30 million in cash and goods to national and local charities since 2010.
Information: The Post and Courier
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS18 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line