UPDATE 6PM: Carnival Elation will stay at sea on Thursday (8/30) and return to Mobile, Alabama on Friday (8/31). Please see the revised statement here.
The Port of New Orleans shut down on Monday afternoon because of Hurricane Isaac, since then Carnival has issued a statement on their website for passengers on the 8/30 (Thursday) sailing of Carnival Elation. Although nothing has changed with the sailing, Carnival advises that guests should continue to monitor Carnival.com or subscribe to their text alerts by texting CCL to 278473.
Carnival stated, “Hurricane Isaac is expected to make landfall off the coast of Louisiana later this evening. Local officials have informed us the Mississippi River is currently closed to ship traffic and may cause a delay in our return to New Orleans on Thursday.
Rest assured, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. We will operate all of our ships at a safe distance from the storm at all times.
At the moment, there are no changes expected for any other sailings departing on or after Wednesday, August 29, 2012. In the event we need to make a deviation to a future itinerary, we will update our guests.”
The cruise line will update their website with any changes.
Carnival Conquest is on a seven-night sailing out of New Orleans but isn’t due back until Sunday.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings