Carnival Cruise Lines announced that their 2,900-guest Carnival Freedom will undergo a series of changes when it goes into dry dock on April 19, to May 3, 2014.
A majority of the changes are Fun Ship 2.0 changes related, like:
- Guy’s Burger Joint
- BlueIguana Cantina
- EA SPORTS Bar
- BlueIguana Tequlia Bar
- Alchemy Bar
- Red Frog Rum Bar
- Hasbro, The Game Show
- Playlist Productions
- Cherry on Top
- RedFrog Pub
- The Warehouse, game room
Carnival Freedom will also be the first ship to feature Bookville, a Suess-themed area for families. Other Seuss at Sea activities include the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends, an interactive reading event called Seuss-a-palooza Story Time, and the Seuss-a-palooza Character Parade along the ship’s promenade.
The multimillion-dollar makeover is not as big as the Carnival Sunshine project in 2013, where Carnival Destiny underwent a $155-million refurbishment adding over 100 guest rooms and a handful of new venues. You can hear our Carnival Sunshine broadcast here.
After dry dock, Carnival Freedom will sail from Fort Lauderdale offering two new five-day itineraries, six-day and eight-day itineraries.
Photo credit Carnival Cruise Lines
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program