We woke up this morning and the ship was docked. Around 7 am they started letting self-assist folks get off the ship and then at 7:45 they started the folks in the zones that checked luggage. I realized that I didn’t pack everything last night so I wound up stuffing a bunch of stuff in my video box and backpack.
As I mentioned yesterday, I checked my luggage and this was my first time doing so in a long time. I wanted to see just how prompt the terminal was because it gets rave reviews from cruise passengers.
Disembarkation is down to a science at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. It was like clockwork. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a disembarkation more streamlined, even with Allure of the Seas at Terminal 18 in Port Everglades.
From when they called our zone to walking into the taxi cue, it was under 10-minutes, I was impressed. Turns out at this terminal you don’t have to go through a customs station, rather just give your declaration form to an agent and go straight to your bags.
I learned a lot of things about the Canada/New England itinerary. There’s this misconception that only old people go to Canada and that’s totally wrong. Carnival Glory is a great family ship too, the 851 kids on-board proved that. For most of the cruise you wouldn’t be able to tell that 30% of the guests were under 18 (only by the ice cream machines).
The food was good, entertainment was great, ports rocked — all-in-all, a good time.
You can catch our past SeaBlogs from Carnival Glory here.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021